The role of a fountain consultant can encompass many levels depending on the needs of the project, client or lead designer. The following is a list of items that we typically address during a project.
- Provide input as to the appropriate use of water in the space being considered for the fountain.
- Provide images of different types of effects or water displays that could be used in the conceptual design.
- Help to determine the role of the fountain in the overall programming of the space, taking into account environmental factors and spatial constraints.
- Assist in siting the fountain basins to maximize the visual impact of the water feature while taking into consideration the use of the space and public interaction.
- Assistance in providing budgetary guidelines based on the apparent size of the fountain.
- Provide complete conceptual design based on the requirements of the project.
Next: Design Development